The following list of notable leadership books has been curated by Jeff Thoren, DVM, PCC, BCC. Books designated with an (*) compliment the AdvanceVET learning agenda and are most highly recommended.
All AdvanceVET participants will receive a complimentary copy of …
- Manifesto for Human(e) Leadership – Six Theses for New Leadership in the Age of Digitalization – By Marcus Raitner
Each AdvanceVET participant is also invited to select an additional book from the list below or one of their own choosing to support them on their leadership development journey.
- A Whole New Mind – From the Information Age to the Conceptual Age
By Daniel H. Pink
- Authentic Conversations – Moving from Manipulation to Truth and Commitment
By Jamie Showkeir & Maren Showkeir
- *Brave New Work – Are You Ready to Reinvent Your Organization?
By Aaron Dignan
- Building Conflict-Competent Teams
By Craig E. Runde & Tim A. Flanagan
- Community – The Structure of Belonging
By Peter Block
- *Dare to Lead – Brave Work. Tough Conversations. Whole Hearts.
By Brene Brown
- *Do Improvise – Less Push. More Pause. Better Results. A New Approach to Work (and Life)
By Robert Poynton
- *Extraordinary Groups – How Ordinary Teams Achieve Amazing Results
By Geoff Bellman & Kathleen Ryan
- Fierce Conversations – Achieving Success at Work & in Life, One Conversation at a Time
By Susan Scott
- Going Horizontal – Creating Non-Hierarchical Organizations One Practice at a Time
By Samantha Slade
- *Humanocracy – Creating Organizations as Amazing as the People Inside Them
By Gary Hamel & Michele Zanini
- Humble Leadership – The Power of Relationships, Openness, and Trust
By Edgar H. Schein & Peter A. Schein
- *Leading with Dignity – How to Create a Culture That Brings Out the Best in People
By Donna Hicks
- Leading with Questions – How Leaders Find the Right Solutions by Knowing What to Ask
By Michael J. Marquardt
- Mindset – The New Psychology of Success. How We Can Learn to Fulfill Our Potential.
By Carol S. Dweck
- Nonviolent Communication – A Language of Life. Life-changing Tools for Healthy Relationships.
By Marshall B. Rosenburg
- Positivity – How to Embrace the Hidden Strength of Positive Emotions, Overcome Negativity, and Thrive
By Barbara L. Fredrickson
- Presence-Based Leadership – Complexity Practices for Clarity, Resilience, and Results That Matter
By Doug Silsbee
- Reinventing Organizations – A Guide to Creating Organizations Inspired by the Next Stage of Human Consciousness
By Frederic Laloux
- Reinventing Organizations – An Illustrated Invitation to Join the Conversation on Next-Stage Organizations
By Frederic Laloux
- *Search Inside Yourself – The Unexpected Path to Achieving Success, Happiness (and World Peace)
By Chade-Meng Tan
- The Art of Possibility – Transforming Professional and Personal Life
By Rosamund Stone Zander & Ben Zander
- *The Coaching Habit – Say Less, Ask More & Change the Way You Lead Forever
By Michael Bungay Stanier
- The Truth About Leadership – The No-Fads, Heart-of-the-Matter Facts You Need to Know
By James M. Kouzes & Barry Z. Posner
- Turn the Ship Around! – A Story about Turning Followers into Leaders
By L. David Marquet
- What Got You Here Won’t Get You There – How Successful People Become Even More Successful
By Marshall Goldsmith
- Who Do We Choose to Be? – Facing Reality. Claiming Leadership. Restoring Sanity.
By Margaret J. Wheatley