I have been working with veterinarians over the past twenty years to facilitate the financing used to supports the construction of a dream facility or the necessary expansion to fuel rapid growth within a hospital. In all of these projects, one consistent theme is, planning and preparation. This simple step lays the foundation for a successful project. I will be at New York Builds spending some time talking in more depth about each of these key take homes, but if you are thinking about a construction project here is what preparation will allow you to achieve.
- A project that starts out with a budget the hospital can support. Resulting in a facility that is designed within the budget.
- The cash injection or equity is defined before you start the project, no last minute surprises.
- Goals of the project are defined and then met during with the completion of the new hospital.
- Teamwork is the centerpiece of execution.
- A timeline and expectations are defined and managed.
- All parties have defined responsibilities.