- It is our mission that with each and every contact with a client or potential client, we take the time to make them feel welcomed and valued.
- It is our mission to advocate for our patients by offering the very best care available and further supporting that with thorough client education in order to optimize medical compliance for the pet.
- It is our mission to maintain a positive, energized working environment for all members of our team.
Practice History & Profile
Sunset Animal Hospital is a full service 24/7 veterinary hospital located in the Rice University/Medical Center area of Houston for over 40 years.
Type of Practice: General/Emergency/Specialty
Number of employees: 83
Number of FTE doctors: 11
How long are appointment times?: 30 Minutes
How many doctors are on shift at one time?: 1-5
Nummber of support staff per Dr.: 5-6
In house hospitalization: yes
In house diagnostics:
Chemistry Analyzer: yes
Snap Reader: yes
Telemedicine (Cardiology): yes
Digital Radiography: yes
Telemedicine (Radiology Interpretation): yes
Day time emergencies: yes
After hour emergencies: yes
Frequency of staff interaction (staff training & meetings): Training - Daily, weekly, monthly and Staff Meetings - Monthly
Continuing Education philosophies: Hospital sponsored CE allowance for DVMs.
Client communication technologies (email, text, etc.):
automated third-party patient reminders
scheduling through website, text, phone, & email
Inside the Hospital
Sunset Animal Hospital is open 24/7 for emergency and routine care. This gives our hospital the unique ability to serve clients with all types of care, at any time of the day, resulting in extreme convenience. We operate with the highest quality of medicine, care, and technology, making our facility state-of-the-art. Sunset is also AAHA credited for our commitment to top-of-the-line veterinary care and expert service. For these reasons, our clients and their pets trust us beyond the average clinic.
-Overall wellness, including: Medical services (internal medicine, diagnostic lab, ultrasound, acupuncture, therapeutic laser, digital radiology, dermatology, pain management, treatment choices and considerations), Emergency Care, Dental (cleaning and surgical), Veterinary surgery (spay/neuter, soft tissue repair, ocular procedures, stenotic nares, soft-palate resections, sebaceous adenoma removal), Vaccinations, Pet boarding, and Pet bathing
- 24-hour routine vet services
- 24-hour emergency care
- Luxury boarding suites with cameras
- Loyalty Rewards Program
Sponsor of Mercy Cares – a Houston based fundraising and support group that meets the needs of local community shelter and rescue groups and provides veterinary care to low income families.
- Veterinarian – Houston, TX located in Houston, TX posted until Wednesday December 01, 2021.
- Veterinary Externship located in Houston, TX posted until Saturday April 17, 2021.
- Associate Veterinarian – competitive pay , plus signing bonus and ownership share opportunities located in Houston, TX posted until Friday December 31, 2021.